Surrounded By Reality

Madison, WI has been described as "43 square miles of land surrounded by reality". Actually, I think it's 77...... Being a Madison native I liked this title. Agree or disagree, the important thing is to get involved and learn what's going on and how it affects you..

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Well That Didn't Work-What Next?

Well I guess that extra $800 BILLION announced today didn't do anything...market down 335 at 1 PM.

Watch for a 3/4% cut to 1.25% from the Fed. That would effectively be zero money for banks as if they borrow money & leave it in the central bank for which the Fed is going to pay them 1.25%. They better extend the ban on short selling on financials (expiring tomorrow) and expand it to ALL short selling...

Watch- an interest rate cut will work positively for only a few days on the market- Paulson & Bernake have no idea how to fix this...they're grasping at straws.

Is a negotiation with Canada & Mexico over a combined new currency in the works? Think Amero......

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Well, as you know, I've got several prototype Amero coins tucked away already, including one 50 Amero piece which ought to be worth at least its weight in silver.

Funny, isn't it? Those who bought gold or silver five and ten years ago are sitting pretty now.

As for me, I live on a gravel road far out into a remote section of the countryside, surrounded by neighbors who are all farmers. So whatever happens, I won't go hungry.

And I live far from any cities (35 miles from the nearest McDonald's), in an area that nobody from outside goes to, and nobody goes through here to get to anywhere else. What happens in the city, stays in the city: it ain't gonna be speading out here.

It sounds crazy, but it's almost the way I'm coming to look at it. Let Rome burn. Let the Dark Ages descend. Come what may, I'm safe here in my monastery on a remote Italian hillside.

5:53 PM  
Blogger madcitygork said...

I've got my copper 20 Amero piece bit the copper ain't worth much!

I do have 600 copies of the "Globopolis Game" I can barter with though.....

6:09 PM  
Blogger madcitygork said...

Hey- I got 1/2% out of these guys today. I'll bet there's another 1/4-1/2% in about a week!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home